Library Partnership with EmployIndy Enhanced by New Job Assistance Website
December 15, 2011
Individuals who are unemployed or underemployed can now receive 24/7 access to local re-employment services through the new Virtual WorkOne, managed by EmployIndy, that supplements many of the services offered at WorkOne Job Centers at five Indianapolis Public Library branches as well as Central Library.
Indianapolis residents can now logon to www.workoneindy.com anytime to receive services previously offered only in person. The Virtual WorkOne will allow users to:
- Create an account and receive customized career recommendations
- Access job search resources, including resume and cover letter templates, and others
- Connect with career advisors and WorkOne staff
- Register for career and hiring events and workshops
- Find out about education and training opportunities to help advance a career
- Discover "Where the Jobs are", an extensive list of in-demand jobs in Indianapolis
- Link to major job search websites
- Connect with employers
- Network with other jobseekers
Physical Job Center sites are located at the College Avenue, Eagle, East Thirty-Eighth Street, Southport and Warren branches, as well as Central Library. The Library’s partnership with EmployIndy, the non-profit workforce investment board for Marion County, provides for one-on-one assistance at each Job Center site that includes technological training, specialized resources and educational opportunities to enhance job skills.
Funding for the Job Centers is made possible by The Glick Fund, a fund of the Central Indiana Community Foundation, and The Library Fund, a fund of The Indianapolis Foundation, through grants to The Indianapolis Public Library Foundation.
Call 275-4099 or visit www.imcpl.org for specific Job Center program dates and times.