Some of you might already have read Shel Silverstein’s most famous book of poetry, Where the Sidewalk Ends. Everything On It is just the same – full of funny poems and imaginative funny drawings. It was published in 2011. Shel died in 1999 though…so where did this book come from? When Shel dies he left quite a few finished poems that he had not had a chance to publish in a book yet. For this book, his family selected the poems. Pretty nice to get one more gift from Uncle Shelby. You can tell by some of the poem titles they’re all his: “Burpin’ Ben,” “Nasty Nancy’s Store,” and “Transparent Tim.”
- Amazon Look Inside Every Thing On It
- Shel Silverstein Official Website
- Shel Silverstein Youtube Channel
- Shel Silverstein Printables and Learning Kits
- Download this kit to “Shel”ebrate National Poetry Month with Shel Silverstein activities.
|Here are a couple more funny poetry books by Shel plus another one by another funny poet – Jack Prelutsky. The last one, For Laughing Out Loud is a collection of funny poems written by a bunch of different people.|