“By helping newcomers feel welcome and valued, we are helping empower our newest residents to be a part of our city’s future.” ~ Immigrant Welcome Center 
At the library, we have all kinds of resources for kids to learn about their immigrant neighbors:
- Booklist: Friends Around the World  – Books that are a window into the lives of children living in different places. Children eat, go to school and play all over the world. How are these experiences in different places different? How are they the same?
- Booklist: Their Great Gift – The Immigrant Experience  – Celebrate the people who have journeyed so far to start a new life here in America. These books highlight the experiences, talents and hard work each of them brings – all of these things are a gift. We are lucky to have them joining our communities!
- Booklist: Immigrant Stories  – Here are some favorite books that will give you a chance to walk in the shoes of someone coming to America from somewhere new. You will meet some good friends in these stories. They are so strong and brave! Many of the stories are based on real people, often the author or a relative of the author.
- Booklist: Christmas Around the World 
- Booklist: Cinderella Around the World
- Booklist: Chinese New Year 
- Around the World: Celebrations 
- Around the World: Crafts and Games 
- Around the World: Food 
- Around the World: Tales & Stories 
- The Belpre Medal  – An award presented each year to a Latino/Latina writer and illustrator whose work best portrays, affirms, and celebrates the Latino cultural experience in an outstanding book for children. 2016 Pura Belpre Medal Winners 
- Homework Help: Countries of the World 
- Leer por Internet Ahora Mismo: Historias en Español