Picture Book Video Read Alouds and Read Alongs for kids are available on Hoopla. All you need to know is your library card number and PIN.
Your library card number is located on the back of your library card. When entering your barcode number leave no spaces or dashes between the numbers. If you have forgotten your PIN, you can reset it: What’s My Pin?
Devices: You can stream titles instantly through your desktop browser or the mobile app. If you use the mobile app, you can also download titles to your device for offline playback later, where Wi-Fi may be unavailable.
Formats: eMusic, eMovies (Many video picture books & read along picture books are available.)
Loan Limit: 10 per month. Your limit resets on the first of the month.
Loan Period: eMusic 7 days; eMovies 72 hours (Titles are automatically returned and removed from your device at the end of the lending period – no fines!)
What You Need:
How to register and login to Hoopla on a Computer:
1. Go to https://www.hoopladigital.com/.
2. Click on the blue rectangle that says: “Get Started”.
3. Enter an email address and password. Remember your password – you will need it to login later.
4. Click on your home library, in our case, that’s Indianapolis Public Library.
5. Enter in your email address, the hoopla password of your choosing, your Library Card number and your Library Card PIN. What’s My Pin?
6. Click Sign Up Now at the bottom of the page.
7. When you return to https://www.hoopladigital.com/, login at the top of the Hoopla home page your email address and Hoopla password.
How to register and login to Hoopla on a Smartphone or Tablet:
2. To register click on the link at the bottom of the first screen: “Don’t have an account? Sign up”
3. On the Choose Your Library page begin typing “Indianapolis Public Library”. When our name appears, click on it.
4. Fill in your account information. You will need your library card number and PIN. (What’s My Pin?). You will also choose a password – remember it because you will use it each time you login.
NOTE: If you are streaming Hoopla content it will use cellular data – a lot of it! If you do not want to use up data make sure you are in Wi-Fi. Wireless internet access is available at all IndyPL locations.
- You can change the Hoopla website & app to “Kids’ Mode” if you would like to only see materials for kids. On the website, you will see this option in “Settings.” In the App, click on the gear icon in the upper right corner of the “My Hoopla” page. You will see the option to slide the button to the right to turn on Kids’ Mode.
- Hoopla titles DO appear in the library’s online catalog. You can search for titles and check them out in the catalog, however, you will have to open the app and login to your account to watch them.
- As soon as you click “Borrow,” you are charged for one checkout, even if you don’t watch or listen to the item.
- Hoopla only has three categories: music, movies & television, but there ARE picture books in Hoopla. They are categorized under “movies”. They are picture book videos as well as videos based on favorite children’s books. Here are some shortcuts to those titles: