Indianapolis’s own John David Anderson has been named the 2017 Indiana Author Award Genre Excellence Winner for Middle Grade Fiction. That’s a long way to say he won an award for writing great books – books kids like – for middle school students. Mr. Anderson is the author of several favorites, including Ms. Bixby’s Last Day, Sidekicked, Minion, Standard Hero Behavior, and The Dungeoneers. A dedicated root beer connoisseur and chocolate fiend, he lives with his wife and two kids right here in Indianapolis. You can learn more at www.johndavidanderson.org.
Mr. Anderson’s new book is called Posted. It’s a story about what happens when kids go old-school, using post-it notes to communicate with each other instead of texts or social media when they get their cell phones taken away!
Here are some of the many awards Mr. Anderson’s books have received:
- The Kirkus Prize 2016 Nominee, Young Readers
- NCTE Charlotte Huck Award for Outstanding Fiction for Children 2017, Honor
- Publishers Weekly Best Books of 2016, Middle Grade
- The New York Times Notable Children’s Books of 2016, Middle Grade
- New York Public Library 2016 Best Books for Kids, Fiction
- Booklist 2016 Editors’ Choice, Books for Youth, Middle Readers, Fiction
- ALSC Notable Children’s Books 2017, Middle Readers
- 2016 Cybils Finalist, Middle Grade Fiction
- 2015 Cybils Award Finalist
- 2013 Cybils Award Finalist
- 2010-2011 Young Hoosier Book Award Nominee