It’s Time to Call-a-Pacer!
Children and families are invited to hear their favorite stories in children’s literature read by members of the Indiana Pacers from April through June on The Indianapolis Public Library’s 24-hour Call-a-Story telephone line.
By dialing 317-275-4444 or toll-free 877-275-9007, listeners will hear recorded stories with a “down on the farm” theme from Pacers players who demonstrate their love of reading as a way to encourage young ones to “read like a pro.”
In 2017, “Call-a-Pacer” generated 61,713 calls during its 12-week run.
For additional information about Library programming for children and families, call 317-275-4099 or visit www.indypl.org.
The 2018 “Call-a-Pacer” weekly schedule:
- April 2 – Victor Oladipo reads Horseplay by Karma Wilson
- April 9 – Ike Anigbogu reads Big Tractor by Nathan Clement
- April 16 – Darren Collison reads Sheep Go to Sleep by Nancy Shaw
- April 23 – Glenn Robinson III reads Giggle, Giggle, Quack by Doreen Cronin
- April 30 – Mark Boyle reads Old MacDonald’s Things That Go by Jane Clarke
- May 7 – Cory Joseph reads I Love My Hat by Douglas Florian
- May 14 – Domantas Sabonis reads Stanley the Farmer by William Bee
- May 21 – Scot Pollard reads Farmer Duck by Martin Waddell
- May 29 – Thad Young reads Click, Clack, Peep! by Doreen Cronin
- June 4 – Myles Turner reads Go Sleep in Your Own Bed! by Candace Fleming
- June 11 – TJ Leaf reads Click, Clack, Moo: Cows That Type by Doreen Cronin
- June 18 – George McGinnis & Darnell Hillman read Thump, Quack, Moo: A Whacky Adventure by Doreen Cronin