Here are some fun stories to help calm some typical childhood fears, like monsters, with laughing! In I Need My Monster (Read by Rita Moreno) Ethan checks under his bed and can’t find Gabe, the monster who lives there. Ethan finds a note Gabe left that says, “Gone fishing. Back in a week.” Ethan doesn’t think he can sleep without Gabe so he tries to find a substitute. These candidates have pointy teeth, sharp claws, and tails, but they are not Gabe! Ethan needs his monster back! In Hey, That’s My Monster (Read by Lily Tomlin) Ethan helps his sister find an under-the-bed monster for herself.
Goodnight Goon is a parody of the childhood classic Goodnight Moon in which a child says goodnight to all of the things in his bedroom. In this Halloween version, a young monster says goodnight to all the things in his tomb…hairy claws and jaws and a pot full of goo and a werewolf hollering, “boo!”
You can click on the book jackets and listen to these stories right now. Listed below are even more Halloween stories you can check out with your library card. If your child is a little bit afraid of Halloween try these 10 Books to Help Turn Halloween Fear into Halloween Fun.
FREE Online eBooks about Halloween:
More FREE Online Reading:
- All Ready to Read Booklists – links to free online books, activities and more ideas to talk, sing, read, write and play at home!
- Storytime Online – 100 Free Video Read Alouds
- 500+ Free Video Read Alouds & eBooks for Kids with an iPad
- Download and Stream for Kids – Free with your indyPL Library Card.
Websites, Activities & Printables:
- Printable: Curious George Halloween Activity Book
- Printable: Halloween Bingo Cards 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
- Printable: Halloween Tracer Pages A-Z
- Printable: Halloween Tracer Pages
- Printable: Crayola Halloween Coloring Pages
- IndyPL Read Right Now! Pumpkins
- IndyPL Read Right Now! Apples
- IndyPL Read Right Now! Fall
- IndyPL Ready to Read: A Scare-Free Halloween
Use your indyPL Library Card to check out books at any of our locations, or check out e-books and e-audiobooks from home right to your device. Click on a book jacket below to request a book or download it. Need help? Call or ask a Library staff member at any of our locations, text a librarian at 317 333-6877, or leave a comment.
Books Selected By: Janet Spaulding, Selection Services