Animated, talking picture books, story books, puzzles & games are available in the TumbleBook Library. Automatic login as long as you are using your device while in Marion County, Indiana.
- Animated, talking picture books; K-3
- PCs, Macs, tablets and mobile devices running the free Kindle app; iPhone, iPad & Android
- Spanish & French stories available
Picture Book Video Read Alouds and Read Alongs for kids are available on Hoopla. All you need to know is your library card number and PIN.
Your library card number is located on the back of your library card. When entering your barcode number leave no spaces or dashes between the numbers. If you have forgotten your PIN, you can reset it: What’s My Pin?
Devices: You can stream titles instantly through your desktop browser or the mobile app. If you use the mobile app, you can also download titles to your device for offline playback later, where Wi-Fi may be unavailable.
Formats: eMusic, eMovies (Many video picture books & read along picture books are available.)
Loan Limit: 10 per month. Your limit resets on the first of the month.
Loan Period: eMusic 7 days; eMovies 72 hours (Titles are automatically returned and removed from your device at the end of the lending period – no fines!)
What You Need:
- A valid indyPL Library Card & PIN (What’s My Pin?)
- Register for a free account at hoopladigital.com. You will need your email address, Library Card number and PIN.
How to register and login to Hoopla on a Computer:
1. Go to https://www.hoopladigital.com/.
2. Click on the blue rectangle that says: “Get Started”.
3. Enter an email address and password. Remember your password – you will need it to login later.
4. Click on your home library, in our case, that’s Indianapolis Public Library.
5. Enter in your email address, the hoopla password of your choosing, your Library Card number and your Library Card PIN. What’s My Pin?
6. Click Sign Up Now at the bottom of the page.
7. When you return to https://www.hoopladigital.com/, login at the top of the Hoopla home page your email address and Hoopla password.
How to register and login to Hoopla on a Smartphone or Tablet:
1. Download the Smartphone App for your device:
2. To register click on the link at the bottom of the first screen: “Don’t have an account? Sign up”
3. On the Choose Your Library page begin typing “Indianapolis Public Library”. When our name appears, click on it.
4. Fill in your account information. You will need your library card number and PIN. (What’s My Pin?). You will also choose a password – remember it because you will use it each time you login.
NOTE: If you are streaming Hoopla content it will use cellular data – a lot of it! If you do not want to use up data make sure you are in Wi-Fi. Wireless internet access is available at all IndyPL locations.
- You can change the Hoopla website & app to “Kids’ Mode” if you would like to only see materials for kids. On the website, you will see this option in “Settings.” In the App, click on the gear icon in the upper right corner of the “My Hoopla” page. You will see the option to slide the button to the right to turn on Kids’ Mode.
- Hoopla titles DO appear in the library’s online catalog. You can search for titles and check them out in the catalog, however, you will have to open the app and login to your account to watch them.
- As soon as you click “Borrow,” you are charged for one checkout, even if you don’t watch or listen to the item.
- Hoopla only has three categories: music, movies & television, but there ARE picture books in Hoopla. They are categorized under “movies”. They are picture book videos as well as videos based on favorite children’s books. Here are some shortcuts to those titles:
Free downloadable eMusic for kids is available on freegal at imcpl.org. All you need to know is your library card number and PIN. What’s My Pin?
This service will work on almost any computer, player, tablet or smartphone. The Freegal Music mobile app is free in the Apple® App Store and in Google® Play.
How Freegal Music Works:
- Library users can listen to three hours of streaming music each day. You will be able to keep track of your time remaining in the upper right hand corner
- In addition, library users have a weekly download limit (5). You will be able to keep track of your downloads in the upper right corner of the site.
- Music videos will cost you 2 of your allotted downloads. If you do not have 2 downloads available you will not be able to download a music video.
- More eMusic to check out with your card can be found on indyPL Hoopla.
You can browse through all the music on Freegal or choose the genre “Children’s Music” to see a complete list of just Kids’ Music. Or, you can see some of our favorite albums for kids on Pinterest: