When the little red hen wanted to bake bread, no one wanted to help her. Not so with children! Kids love to help in the kitchen, especially when it is time to lick the spoon! In Carla’s Sandwich, Carla loves to make her own lunch, even if her recipes sound weird to everyone else. Potato chips on a sandwich? Yes, please! When her friend at school forgets his lunch Carla comes to his rescue, showing him that sometimes you just have to trust the cook and try something new! You can watch Carla’s story with your little cook right now, read to you by Allison Janney. Maybe Carla and her friend will inspire your child to give that Thanksgiving stuffing a try!
You can start reading about kids in the kitchen with these free eBooks & online activities. Listed below are even MORE books – eBooks and printed books you can check out with your indyPL Library card.
More FREE Online Reading:
- All Ready to Read Booklists – links to free online books, activities and more ideas to talk, sing, read, write and play at home!
- Storytime Online – 100 Free Video Read Alouds
- 500+ Free Video Read Alouds & eBooks for Kids with an iPad
- Download and Stream for Kids – Free with your indyPL Library Card.
Printables, Crafts & More:
- Printable: Curious George Chef Pisghett’s Giardino Burgers
- Printable: Curious George Spot the Difference in a Restaurant
- Printable: A Maisy Feast
- Printable: Draw What’s for Lunch
- Printable: Kevin Henkes Mouse Recipes
- Printable: Kevin Henkes More Mouse Recipes
- Printable: The Little Red Hen
- Printable: Junie B. Jones Recipe Card
- Printable: PBS Kids Today’s Special Color Your Own Placemat
- Printable: PBS Kids Recipe Cards
Use your indyPL Library Card to check out books at any of our locations, or check out e-books and e-audiobooks from home right to your device. Click on a book jacket below to request a book or download it. Need help? Call or ask a Library staff member at any of our locations, text a librarian at 317 333-6877, or leave a comment.