An overview of material relating to patents the Library receives from the United States Patent and Trademark Office as a result of being a Patent and Trademark Resource Center, including: help guides, videos, search software, the full text of United States patents.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
How can I view patent images on the web?
The United States Patent and Trademark Office has loaded all published U.S. patent applications and U.S. patents from 1790 to the present on their website at www.uspto.gov. This is a great place to find full-text US patents. They are in Acrobat Reader format, a piece of software now installed on most computers.
I've heard of Invention Marketing Fraud, but how can I protect myself?
Is there a Local Inventors Club?
The Indiana Inventors Association is a group whose members are inventors, engineers, small business owners and others. They publish an informative monthly newsletter which offers interesting articles along with the announcement of the program for the next monthly membership meeting. These educational programs about inventing, patenting, marketing, venture capital, etc. are dinner meetings held the first Tuesday of each month at 6:30. For information about the meeting site or membership in the Association, please contact Dave Zedonis, the President of the club, by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or call Randall Redelman at 317-733-0578 or Robert Brand at 317-823-0175.
- pat2pdf.org Search Tool - Full Text Patents in .PDF format
- espacenet - European Patent Office Online
- German Patent Information System
- United States Patent Office
- Trademark Information - TESS
- Patent Lens
- British Library Science Technology and Business
- Canadian Intellectual Property Office
- European Patent Office
- Japanese Patent Office
- United Kingdom Patent Office
- University of Texas Patent Search Tutorial
- US Patent Office's Pages for Kids
- Ask the Inventors! - Includes advice to new inventors.
- World Intellectual Property Organization
20 Questions To Ask If You Have A Great Idea Or Invention
Jester, Michael H.
From Patent To Profit Secrets Strategies For The Successful Inventor
608.773 DEM 2005
Protecting Your Ideas The Inventors Guide To Patents
Bryant, Joy L.