1 Helping Indy to Learn and Grow
The Library can help you learn about the world. And about yourself.
Libraries were created to enable individuals to reach their full potential. Before free public education existed, libraries provided people with the tools to gain knowledge and become what they wanted to be. Today, libraries still serve that purpose. And through our expanded outreach, we are empowering citizens to take advantage of our resources.
- Every day, thousands of students utilize The Indianapolis Public Library , including 58,000 youth participating in the Summer Reading Program.
- Over 100,000 youth attended Story Times at local branches.
- Our Itty Bitty Bookmobiles delivered 2,400 book-filled bags to day cares and early learning centers.
- 15,000 Lawrence Township students received library cards that also provided them with access to numerous online library resources.
- The number of free adult computer classes increased by 29%, and nearly 500 more adults attended in 2015 over 2014.