EARN AND LEARN MEMBERSHIP
- Any Library card holder under the age of 18 with $5.00 of debt is eligible. Apply in person at any Library location.
- At application, new members will be issued a special Earn and Learn card to track reading credit and debt reduction.
- Members must remain in the program for one year, even if all debt is cleared through reading.
- Each member is responsible for his or her Earn and Learn card.
- If a member chooses to pay off their debt, they are released from the program and their Library card will be restored to good standing.
USING LIBRARY MATERIALS AND SERVICES
- As an Earn and Learn Member, you may use your Library card to borrow books, e-books, magazines and audiobooks.
- Limit l0 items at any time.
- DVDs and Music CDs are not eligible.
- You may place holds and access Library computers.
RETURNING MATERIALS ON TIME FOR CREDIT
- Your Earn and Learn card must be presented to Library staff at the Check-In
- Desk each time items are returned.
- Items must be returned in person and on time to receive reading credit points.
The decision of Library staff is final to accept any book for credit.
- Books must be read at or above member's reading level.
- Books returned late or to the book drop do not count.
EARNING POINTS AND ELIMINATING DEBT
The more books you read and return on time, the more points you earn at the following levels:
- jP 5 points
- Magazines 5 points
- jZ 10 points
- jE 15 points
- j Non Fiction 15 points
- j Biography 15 points
- j Fiction 25 points
- jGN 25 points
- Young Adult/Adult 25 points
- Audio Books Point value of book
- Bonus Books 30 Points (during the Summer Reading Program)
When books are read and returned on time, Library staff will clear fines from member's Library cards at the following point levels:
- 150 points = 25% of debt reduced
- 300 points = 50% of debt reduced
- 450 points = 75% of debt reduced
- 600 points = 100% of debt reduced
Upon reaching 600 points and maintaining membership for one year. the member will become a Library card holder in good standing and all borrowing privileges will be restored.
Who can participate? Any library card holder under the age of 18 with $5 or more of debt is eligible.