Text Messages from Your Library
What types of text messages can I receive?
We offer four types of text messages:
- Pre-Overdue Notice text message is sent the day before a library item becomes due.
- Overdue Notice text message (1st & 2nd ) The 1st Overdue text is sent 7 days after a library item becomes overdue (3 days for DVDs). Two weeks after the 1st Overdue text is sent, if the item is still overdue, we will send a 2nd Overdue text. If the item is not returned after this second text its cost will be charged to your account.
- Hold Notice text message is sent when a library item you have requested becomes available for pickup.
- General Notice text message may occasionally be sent when the library needs to contact you individually concerning a specific situation such as "You left your library card behind during your recent visit".
How do I sign up?
To sign up, go to the tab "Personal Information" under the heading "SMS Notifications" to add or change your "Text Message" options in My Account.
- Click on the Add Phone Number button and enter your 10 digit text enabled phone number, including the Area code (Example: 3179991234).
- Select which texts you want to receive, or Check All to receive all types. We strongly encourage you to Check All so that you can take full advantage of this service.
- If you want to receive texts on more than one phone, repeat the steps above. You can sign up a total of 3 text enabled phones.
- When you have entered all your selections, click on the Save Changes button to complete your sign up.
How do I change my text messaging preferences?
To change your text preferences simply go to the tab "Personal Information" under the heading "SMS Notifications" to add or change your "Text Message" options in My Account and make your changes. If you want to stop text messaging completely click on the trash can icon at the end of the phone number entry you want removed.
Important Notes about Text Messaging
Please do not attempt to reply to the text message. The library is using a third party service to deliver these and will not be able to receive any texts sent back to us.
Standard Text Messaging Rates may apply. This is based on your phone service plan and not the responsibility of the library.
Text messages do not stop other notification methods. Text notice messages are sent in addition to the email or phone notices that you may already be receiving.
Please feel free to contact the webmaster if you have any other questions.