Doing Business with the Library
As a dynamic and growing leader in the Information Industry, the Indianapolis Public Library encourages your inquiries and participation in a mutually beneficial business relationship with our public library.
The Indianapolis Public Library Board of Trustees is authorized to enter into contracts and purchase under the Indiana Public Purchasing Law. The Board has designated the Chief Executive Officer of the Library or her designees as the "purchasing agent" for the Library.
In accordance with state statute, all items:
- over $75,000 will be purchased following public competitive bidding procedures,
- between $25,000 and $75,000 will be purchased only after inviting at least 3 quotes,
- under $25,000 will be purchased on the open market through competitive pricing.
The Library is eligible to purchase from suppliers who have a contract with state or federal agencies which issue a competitive price for supplies or equipment and maintains a list of all contracts made under the public purchasing law.
Please note in accordance with state statute, the purchase of library materials is not subject to the public purchasing policies.
Current Requests for Qualifications
Current Requests for Proposals
- Integrated Library System For a Public Library/School Consortium
- Indianapolis Public Library – Beech Grove Update Project (ITQ 180606)
- Indianapolis Public Library – Beech Grove Update Project - ADDENDUM 1
- Eagle Branch Fixtures, Furniture, and Equipment Project (ITQ 180612)
- Central Library Atrium Sound Upgrade Project
- Central Library Atrium Sound Upgrade Project - ADDENDUM 1
Vendors and suppliers who are interested in doing work with the Library should send information about their firm to the individuals referenced below:
|Facilities service & maintenance contracts||Contract Administrator||Contact the Contract Adminstrator|
|New building bids, renovations, furniture||Project Manager||gro.lpydni@nalhgocm|
|General procurement of supplies and equipment||Purchasing Agent||gro.lpydni@staesr|
|Library materials||Director, Collection Management||gro.lpydni@trebmald|
|Developing increased diversity among Library suppliers||Contract Administrator||Contact the Contract Adminstrator|
|Technology and hardware, including telephone services||Director, Information Technology||gro.lpydni@pmahcd|
The Indianapolis Public Library
P.O. Box 211