Beginning May 18 the drop box at Haughville will be available for returning physical materials. The branch will remain closed.
Curbside Pickup service is available at a limited number of branches. Read the Curbside Pickup details, step-by-step process, and FAQ.
The longest continuously-operating branch in the IndyPL system began on the city’s east side in 1896 but moved to the village of Haughville after 1897. The branch’s many homes included the former town hall on Germania Avenue in which a fire in 1904 partially destroyed the building. After the fire, a storefront in the Michigan Plaza Shopping Center was constructed that operated until 2003, when the current 12,000-square-foot library opened on West Michigan Street.