Schedule a curbside pickup online now, or read below for more info about the process.
Patrons can use the catalog to place a hold online or call their nearest branch for assistance placing a hold on an item (library card required). Patrons will be notified when their hold is available for checkout, and then can easily schedule a pickup time online or over the phone. Book drops will remain open at all Library locations for returning materials. Due to quarantining of returned materials, there will be a delay in items appearing as “returned” in your library account. Fines for overdue materials will not be charged.
For the safety of all borrowers and library staff, we ask that patrons utilize the book drops for returning materials. This will allow staff to safely and properly process materials for lending again. Book drops are open at all Library locations.
1. Log into 'My Account'.
2. Go to your 'On Hold' page under 'My Borrowing'.
3. Click on the current library ‘Pick up at’ drop down menu associated with the item for which you want to change the pickup location.
4. Select the branch you would like your holds sent to.
(NOTE: The pickup location for a hold can NOT be changed online once the item is in transit to the current pickup location OR if it’s already on the hold shelf awaiting pickup. If either of these is the case, you will need to call the location that has your hold so they can send it to the location you'd like.)
Viruses dry up quickly on paper, and we ask that book pages not be sprayed, wiped, or otherwise made wet, as that would damage the book. You are free to use a disinfectant wipe on the plastic book cover, and to "quarantine" your books before use. Further, please wash hands regularly, avoid touching your face, and do not cough or sneeze on the books.
Returned items are being quarantined for four days before being checked-in and recirculated. Because of this, it may take up to a week for a returned item to appear as "returned" in your account. But don't worry - there are no fines or late fees right now.
Libraries work best when everyone shares responsibly - so even if we do not have fines, we ask that you please honor our checkout time limits. If materials are not returned, after enough time passes we would consider the book "lost" and a bill would be sent to replace the item. And we definitely don't want to have to do that!
The Library Board of Directors and Executive Committee do not come to these decisions lightly - the safety of our staff, patrons, and volunteers is our top priority. For these reasons we will be constantly evaluating our processes, protective equipment, cleaning materials, and guidance from local health officials.
Specific to the curbside pickup service, we are ensuring staff has appropriate personal protective equipment, practicing social distancing while working, quarantining returned books for four days before handling, and placing security guards at locations.
You can walk up to our buildings. Please maintain a safe distance and call to let staff know you are ready to pick up your hold.
You may bring your donations (four boxes or less) to the Library Services Center only, Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. The center is located at 2450 N. Meridian St. We no longer accept donations at our branches or at Central Library. Please box your books (no bags and no loose donations) and close the boxes before donating. We quarantine all donations for four days, and the boxes help with that procedure.
Yes, you can pause your holds.
1. Login to My Account and select On Hold under My Borrowing. On Hold items that are Not Ready can be paused. Items that are Ready or In Transit may not be paused.
2. Click on “Pause hold” and select a date that you would like the hold to become active again.
3. If you have multiple holds that you would like to pause, select each item by placing a checkmark in the box to the left of the item you would like to pause.
4. After selecting the items you would like to pause, click on “Manage items” at the bottom of the page.
5. Click on “Pause holds” and select a date that you would like the holds become active again.
Go here for more details about pausing your holds.