Effective Monday, March 7, face coverings will no longer be required for patrons at Indianapolis Public Library locations. This decision was made in accordance with CDC recommendations and consultation with the Marion County Health Department. Until then, all library visitors (ages 2+) are required to wear a mask, regardless of vaccination status.
Schedule a curbside pickup online | Curbside details and FAQ
Curbside pickup is available at all IndyPL locations during all open hours. Patrons canuse the catalog to place a hold online or call their nearest branch for assistance placing a hold on an item (library card required). Patrons will be notified when their hold is available for checkout, and then can easily schedule a pickup time schedule a pickup time online or over the phone. Book drops will remain open at all Library locations for returning materials.
Our locations offer many unique features and services to make life easier and more convenient. Need space for a club meeting or study room during midterms? Do you have medical documents that need faxed? Our libraries can help!
Listed below are some of our most popular and sought after amenities and services. Most of them are found at all of our locations. Call ahead to confirm.
1. Log into 'My Account'.
2. Go to your 'On Hold' page under 'My Borrowing'.
3. Click on the current library ‘Pick up at’ drop down menu associated with the item for which you want to change the pickup location.
4. Select the branch you would like your holds sent to.
(NOTE: The pickup location for a hold can NOT be changed online once the item is in transit to the current pickup location OR if it’s already on the hold shelf awaiting pickup. If either of these is the case, you will need to call the location that has your hold so they can send it to the location you'd like.)
Libraries work best when everyone shares responsibly - so even if we do not have fines, we ask that you please honor our checkout time limits. If materials are not returned, after enough time passes we would consider the book "lost" and a bill would be sent to replace the item. And we definitely don't want to have to do that!
After closing off donations due to COVID-19, we are once again accepting your gently used books and select other materials at Indy Library Store! Materials you no longer want can help ensure that learning continues in our community for all. See what items we accept.
Donations are now accepted in the lobby of the Library Services Center only, Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. The center is located at 2450 N. Meridian St. We no longer accept donations at our branches or at Central Library.
Yes, you can pause your holds.
1. Login to My Account and select On Hold under My Borrowing. On Hold items that are Not Ready can be paused. Items that are Ready or In Transit may not be paused.
2. Click on “Pause hold” and select a date that you would like the hold to become active again.
3. If you have multiple holds that you would like to pause, select each item by placing a checkmark in the box to the left of the item you would like to pause.
4. After selecting the items you would like to pause, click on “Manage items” at the bottom of the page.
5. Click on “Pause holds” and select a date that you would like the holds become active again.
Go here for more details about pausing your holds.