DISCOVER the Library and all it has to offer June 7 - July 31, 2021! DISCOVER new books, new music, new movies, or new skills and hobbies - all with your IndyPL Library card! Complete fun activities to earn prizes or ticket(s) for a virtual drawing.
There are three ways to participate - pick which one is most convenient for you!
On the Beanstack Tracker app
Search for “Beanstack” in the Apple App Store or Google Play Store and follow the instructions to create an account and track your progress.
On the web
In your browser, visit indypl.beanstack.org to register. You can log back in to track your progress.
Need help? Our staff can help get you registered and track progress online or in the app.
In person / on paper
Just visit or call your closest IndyPL location to register
with a staff member. Pick up or view/print an Adult Summer Reading Program brochure if you would like a paper tracking sheet for your DISCOVER! activities.
Adults earn prizes by completing summer reading activities in the three categories below: Discover Outside!, Discover You! and Discover Something New!
Activities are not transferable between individuals, and no more than one prize/entry in each category is available per participant while supplies last.
Log your progress in Beanstack or visit or call your local branch to report your progress!
Redeem prizes by visiting your local branch.
Did you participate in the adult summer reading program this year? Please share your thoughts with us!
You can track your activities and enter drawings between June 7 and July 31. The last day to redeem prizes is August 7. Drawing winners will have additional time to redeem their drawing prizes.
Please select which drawing you would like to be entered from the choices below:
1. DISCOVER Conservation Read about the many ways to protect our planet and the many species that share it with us.
2. DISCOVER Public Art Discover the amazing and interactive public art in our city.
3. DISCOVER the Great Outdoors Take a walk, garden, bike, or go camping.
4. DISCOVER Your Community Check out some of the fun and interesting places in your city!
1. DISCOVER a Beach Read Bring the beach to you through one of these titles.
2. DISCOVER History Explore the past -- events, places and lives from across history.
3. DISCOVER Kindness Do something nice for someone for no other reason than to be kind.
4. DISCOVER a New Hobby Discover a new hobby, a new sport or a new game.
5. DISCOVER a New You Improve your physical and mental well-being through books, DVDs and other free resources.
6. DISCOVER Your Family Tree Learn how to research your family's history using Library genealogy resources.
1. DISCOVER Audiobooks Listen to a book anytime with our downloadable collection.
2. DISCOVER Imaginary Worlds Imagine other worlds through Science Fiction and Fantasy titles.
3. DISCOVER IndyPL Streaming Services Take the Library wherever you go with downloadable comics, magazines, music, videos and e-books.
4. DISCOVER a New Author Read a first title by an author, published in 2020 or after.
5. DISCOVER a New Digital Skill Learn a new digital skill such as Zoom or Microsoft Word with Library resources.
6. DISCOVER a New Genre Challenge yourself to read outside of your comfort zone.
7. DISCOVER a New Language Use Mango to learn a new language -- over 70 languages available!
8. DISCOVER a New Recipe or Local Restaurant Try a new food or make a new recipe
9. DISCOVER a New Sound Listen to a new type of music or try an instrument.
10. DISCOVER the Center for Black Literature & Culture Attend a program or explore our space dedicated to Black literature and culture. Learn about the celebrities, poets, athletes and civic leaders featured inside who have lived in, and made a lasting impression on, the Indianapolis community.
The book to be discussed is "The House in the Cerulean Sea" by TJ Klune. Join us for our next monthly book discussion program. Books selected by group members are available at the Lawrence Branch while supplies last. New members are always welcome.
En la Plaza Comunitaria adultos pueden recibir un certificado para su educación primaria y secundaria. El programa es gratis.
Join us for a 1 hour tutorial on using the Wix free drag-and-drop editor to learn to assemble a customized website. We will review some of Wix’s free features and demonstrate basic tools for adding text, images, links, and more. Attend online from your own device or a computer at Central Library.