DISCOVER the Library and all it has to offer June 7 - July 31, 2021! DISCOVER new books, new music, new movies, or new skills and hobbies - all with your IndyPL Library card! Complete fun activities to earn prizes or ticket(s) for a virtual drawing.
There are three ways to participate - pick which one is most convenient for you!
On the Beanstack Tracker app
Search for “Beanstack” in the Apple App Store or Google Play Store and follow the instructions to create an account and track your progress.
On the web
In your browser, visit indypl.beanstack.org to register. You can log back in to track your progress.
Need help? Our staff can help get you registered and track progress online or in the app.
In person / on paper
Just visit or call your closest IndyPL location to register
with a staff member. Pick up or view/print an Adult Summer Reading Program brochure if you would like a paper tracking sheet for your DISCOVER! activities.
Adults earn prizes by completing summer reading activities in the three categories below: Discover Outside!, Discover You! and Discover Something New!
Activities are not transferable between individuals, and no more than one prize/entry in each category is available per participant while supplies last.
Log your progress in Beanstack or visit or call your local branch to report your progress!
Redeem prizes by visiting your local branch.
You can track your activities and enter drawings between June 7 and July 31.The last day to redeem prizes is August 7. Drawing winners will have additional time to redeem their drawing prizes.
Please select which drawing you would like to be entered from the choices below:
1. DISCOVER Conservation Read about the many ways to protect our planet and the many species that share it with us.
2. DISCOVER Public Art Discover the amazing and interactive public art in our city.
3. DISCOVER the Great Outdoors Take a walk, garden, bike, or go camping.
4. DISCOVER Your Community Check out some of the fun and interesting places in your city!
1. DISCOVER a Beach Read Bring the beach to you through one of these titles.
2. DISCOVER History Explore the past -- events, places and lives from across history.
3. DISCOVER Kindness Do something nice for someone for no other reason than to be kind.
4. DISCOVER a New Hobby Discover a new hobby, a new sport or a new game.
5. DISCOVER a New You Improve your physical and mental well-being through books, DVDs and other free resources.
6. DISCOVER Your Family Tree Learn how to research your family's history using Library genealogy resources.
1. DISCOVER Audiobooks Listen to a book anytime with our downloadable collection.
2. DISCOVER Imaginary Worlds Imagine other worlds through Science Fiction and Fantasy titles.
3. DISCOVER IndyPL Streaming Services Take the Library wherever you go with downloadable comics, magazines, music, videos and e-books.
4. DISCOVER a New Author Read a first title by an author, published in 2020 or after.
5. DISCOVER a New Digital Skill Learn a new digital skills such as Zoom or Microsoft Word with Library resources.
6. DISCOVER a New Genre Challenge yourself to read outside of your comfort zone.
7. DISCOVER a New Language Use Mango to learn a new language -- over 70 languages available!
8. DISCOVER a New Recipe or Local Restaurant Try a new food or make a new recipe
9. DISCOVER a New Sound Listen to a new type of music or try an instrument.
10. DISCOVER the Center for Black Literature & Culture Attend a program or explore our space dedicated to Black literature and culture. Learn about the celebrities, poets, athletes and civic leaders featured inside who have lived in, and made a lasting impression on, the Indianapolis community.
Virtual Cake Decorating for Beginners
Have you always wanted to learn how to decorate cakes but don't know where to start? This virtual class will teach you the basics and give you an opportunity to practice buttercream piping techniques. Schedule & Register
Discover Jewelry Making with Everyday Materials
With some basic knowledge, creativity and a resourceful mindset you too can turn everyday materials into fun, one-of-a-kind wearable pieces! Join local maker, Jheny Nieto from La Tiendita Indy, and learn how to take various materials and objects sitting around your home and turn them into unique earrings, necklaces and more. All materials included and each participant will go home with a finished wearable piece! Schedule & Register
Bee the Change
"Bee The Change", presented by Purdue Extension Educators Lais M. and Alex P., will explore native bees and pollinators, as well as honeybees. The presentation will share insight on pollinators - what they are, what they need to survive, and how we can help them thrive. Schedule & Register
Discover World Building
Tuesday, June 29 at 6:30 pm
How do authors make their fictional worlds feel real? In this 1-hour workshop, librarian Maurice Broaddus will discuss how to build a believable world for your characters to live in. You will get tips for creating histories, customs, dress, commerce and other elements for your imaginary world. Register
Painting with Felt
Felt painting is a fun and easy-to-learn technique for creating small pictures using colored wools, yarns, and special needles. No experience is necessary to complete a beautiful felt painting to gift to someone or display in your home. For over a decade, artist Paula Scott-Frantz has designed and taught adult and children's felt-making curriculum throughout Indiana - including IPS, St. Vincent’s Cancer Center for Arts: Felt Making Studio, and Newfields. Schedule & Register
Adults are invited to this monthly online book discussion program hosted by Lawrence Branch staff. New members are always welcome!
Please join us for a three-session series hosted by Code Black Indy on automation processes for small businesses. Go beyond calendar reminders and scheduled social media posts with in-depth information about on-boarding, customer relationship management, workflows, and email automation.
Discover the basics of how to use Sheets to effectively display, sort, and analyze data.